Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue blood

The harsh reality sunk in when I looked at... the thermostat and realized why my blood is blue, it's freezing in this house. I might be considered a little "tight", but I think I've gone too far this time. I HATE turning on the heater in the winter and the cooler in the summer. It literally pains me. My stomach turns and I feel dizzy when I have to turn it one way or the other. I'd rather freeze than have a huge bill at the end of the month. But when I woke up this morning and saw that it was 56 degrees... I still didn't turn on the heater. It'll warm up I keep telling myself as I shiver and put on yet another layer.So, if you don't hear from me tomorrow... You might want to check on us. No I will turn it on when it gets too cold... But, what's too cold?

1 comment:

Marylou said...

I turned mine on it was chill factor 22 this morning! I have not gone out to see if the chickens are frozen together on their perches though. I am almost afraid to go see... I should have forced them into the coop and turned on their heat light last night. If they are still alive I definately will herd them in tonight. I had no idea it was going to get this cold ...