Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The end of our long journey is nearing...

The end of our long journey is nearing. Where did the time go? The last few years have been somewhat unexpected. I’m sure all of you know what I am talking about. As I sit here in my living room and scan my surroundings. I’m struck with joy, apprehension, contentment, lament, wonder and hope. The end of our journey is near, the last 3 years are coming to a close and our little William is grown up!
I’ve struggled with letting go my whole life. I thought that this would be easy. I was going to be ready to let him fly the coop. I am so ready in so many ways. Yet I am petrified. This probably sounds like a lot of gibberish… but, it’s something I am struggling with and not sure how to fell or what to do. Not that he is moving out or going away… but, it’s going to be different. He’s an adult and making his own decisions and I think that that is what scares me the most. Anyway, Life is always changing and always a journey. So as we close one chapter we open another in this crazy mixed up beautiful mess we call life.

Psalm 143:10
10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

1 comment:

Marylou said...

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Remember I went through the same when William was taken from me four years ago. I cried most of the time when he was gone.